jason at nospam jajonesy dot net
If email ing me, remove the "nospam" part.
You can also click here to fill out a form to contact me directly.
Contact information available upon request.
Installs inc Austin, TX
Program Manager for Dell 7/2004 to Present
Currently responsible for client relations and tracking progress of field with data analysis and reports to senior executives. Create and maintain several weekly reports on CE and overall technician metrics. Manage the relationship between Dell and Installs inc. Only company representative onsite and required to work individually to maintain the integrity of the company with Dell. Handle escalations and maintain overall customer experience to achieve aggressive goals. Write up bid proposals and contract negotiations for new opportunities.
· FY05Q4 member of core team on a BPI project to reduce sales agent revenue adjustments and overall cancellation rates. Materialized into over $50,000 savings in that quarter.
· Integral part of hitting record low consumer flat panel installation dissatisfied CE of 5% for FY07Q2
· Project manager for client remote access to internal web installation scheduling tool. Involved gathering client needs, several usability tests, and QC work on completed site.
Installs inc Buffalo, NY
Recruitment Team Lead 12/2003 to 6/2004
Managed team of ten people to create and prepare nationwide network of computer technicians. Required daily monitoring and initiatives to complete project by deadline. Also tasked with training new hires and bringing them up to speed quickly with minimal loss in productivity due to heavy turnover in temporary staff.
· Created network of over 3,000 technicians to cover every zip code in the U.S. under three months time.
· Created recruitment department to continue stability of both PC and flat panel technician networks after promotion to Program Manager.
University at Buffalo Buffalo, NY
Masters of Arts in Informatics - September 2003
· Led research group that designed plan for GPS navigation system for visually impaired students on campus. Conducted usability studies and focus groups prior to implementation.
· Designed and developed web site for Health and Human Services Department. Worked with stakeholders on their wants versus needs of project. Completed all deliverables three weeks prior to project deadline.
· Completed thesis on artificial intelligence in game development mainly relating to the creation of more intelligent characters in training simulations, using genetic algorithms. Presented project goals to Board of Directors for Bio-Informatics Department for future development.
University at Buffalo Buffalo, NY
Bachelors of Arts in History - May 2002
Certifications and other skills:
· DCSE (Dell Certified Systems Expert)
· Proficient user with MS Office, especially Access and Excel in creating charts and databases for metric reporting. Also experienced with MySQL databases.
· Expert knowledge in web design using both editors (Frontpage and Dreamweaver) and writing code by hand. Very experienced with dynamic layouts using Flash and Swish.
· Extensive experience with Windows (98, 2000, XP, and 2003) and Linux (Redhat, Fedora, and SME Server).
· Setup and maintain own email server using Open Source applications on a Fedora server for delivery, storage, virus scanning, and allowing connections on client machines outside of home network using Outlook for email.